• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger front bumper installation

Kevman89

Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
When I bought my car, the front bumper was hanging from two bolts... Could someone supply me with an exploded view of how to mount the bumper?

If I don't take it apart.. I can't usually figure out how to put it back together..

When I bought my car, the front bumper was hanging from two bolts... Could someone supply me with an exploded view of how to mount the bumper?

If I don't take it apart.. I can't usually figure out how to put it back together..

No one has ever installed a front bumper on a 72 Charger? What's happened to the world?!

Put the entire assembly together with grills and brackets, then it slides in as an assembly and bolts to the front sub-frames with two bolts on each side. There should be (assuming the same as a '71) two small brackets on the top that attach to the front fenders. It's all pretty straight forward when you do it as an assembly. If you try and do just the bumper (front or back) it borders on impossible.

How is this?

front_bumper_zpszdx5nfwb.jpg

front_bumper_zpszdx5nfwb.jpg

Ahhh, That bolt toward the rear of that outer support, there seems to be no threads in my subframe, is something missing?

There should be threads in there I can take some pics of my car the bumper is off and brackets are still on it you need help just p.m. me I will try and get pics if I can .

The one has threads, but toward the back, it's almost like the spot welds have let something go on both sides.. Perhaps I could hold a nut in there when the time comes to install the bumper.

Do you have diagram for the rear bumper install too?

Victor
Rear bumper is easy to take off as a unit. Unplug the lights, including any grounds, push the rubber plugs holding the wiring to the tail lights through from inside the trunk. Lean your weight up against the bumper and undo the fasteners inside the trunk. Then, just lift the bumper assembly, including taillights and brackets, away from the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back