• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger hood lock/latch cable install

69-beeper

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the hood latch showing how the cable routes and mounts on to the latch? For 71-72 Charger with “loop” end cable.

Probly have a 73
If it has the cable with the “loop” end I’d love to see a pic of the locations the cable mounts to both the latch and the latch mount/support.

One way or another, I’m going to mount this new hood properly.
hammer.gif

Not sure if mine has a loop for the latch
Yeah, I read somewhere that 73-74 cables used ball ends, but I see latches/locks listed as 71-74. I would think they’d be different. The various venders may be confusing the lock with the secondary safety latch, I don’t know.

loop side of cable comes from drivers side hole behind light buckets' assembly, front to back of center brace and loop goes over "disk" on latching mechanism; ball end for pull assembly

s-l300.jpg.cf-2.jpg

loop side of cable comes from drivers side hole behind light buckets' assembly, front to back of center brace and loop goes over "disk" on latching mechanism; ball end for pull assembly

View attachment 1074694

Thanks! Appreciate the information. :)

That latch looks just like the one I bought off eBag not too long ago. Same color and drop cloth actually, no sheet metal screw though, lol

Charger and Satellite use the same latch and cable but the latch is mounted differently on each. Is the same for 71-4. The above pic is correct for Charger.

Auto Transport Service
Back