• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Houndstooth seats

dicksmidlac

Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi I’ve got a 72 Charger se with the houndstooth seats.My 72 parts car also has the identical seats.Is the houndstooth a common thing?Im sure it’s not a rare thing,but don’t see many with it.Anyone else got houndstooth in there 72?

ADC17FB7-7336-4232-BFF0-76CF7963D72A.jpeg

Last edited:
I've only seen a few.
I think you got lucky.

I've only personally seen one with the red and black hounds-tooth, and it was an executive program car 71 Super Bee with all sorts of other options.

Brocade is pretty uncommon as well.
I saw more of that when the cars were common on the road, but less of it now.

My 73 SE had them. Bought new Ledendary covers and I still have em. Going on my 71 project.

I've only personally seen one with the red and black hounds-tooth, and it was an executive program car 71 Super Bee with all sorts of other options.

I owned a Orange 71 Executive Bee with the Orange Houndstooth. Pulled it out of the Executives son's garge where it sat since 1976 in Rochester Hill MI. Its in Florida now. This car is the incentive on my current build.

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

Wasn’t real sure if I liked the houndstooth when I got the car but have now grown to like it.All the seats are undamaged originals that just needed a good cleaning.I’ve never seen the orange and black.

My 73 SE had them. Bought new Ledendary covers and I still have em. Going on my 71 project.

I owned a Orange 71 Executive Bee with the Orange Houndstooth. Pulled it out of the Executives son's garge where it sat since 1976 in Rochester Hill MI. Its in Florida now. This car is the incentive on my current build.

Funny.

That's the car I was describing.

You know the current owner? Mark Lake was the last person I knew that had it. He wanted too much when I tried to buy it back.

About 4 years ago, it was advertised locally for 16K.

I had to think pretty hard about that.

I think it went on ebay after that.

I had a couple '70 Challenger's with that option. I love the seats. Comfy and don't burn your butt

View attachment 1274001
View attachment 1274000

Very rare

Good friend had a 71 R/T EV2 Hemi Orange with an D5XV Interior

RT&500bucket
seat.
Code D5XV

Super Bee bucket
seat.
Code C5XV
Exteriors: EV2, GW3,
TX9

Last edited:
My 72 has them....they are original to the car. I sure dont see many and less in a 71 or 72 chargers.

Both of my 72 se chargers are almost indentical.Both factory white with houndstooth interior.Both had buddy seats.I’m guessing all se chargers in 72 had the hideaway headlights?

Both of my 72 se chargers are almost indentical.Both factory white with houndstooth interior.Both had buddy seats.I’m guessing all se chargers in 72 had the hideaway headlights?my third 72 se also has the hideaway headlights.

Hideaways were standard on SE's in 71-72. Buddy seats are also pretty common on SE's.

WOW!!! Way cool- and rare!

View attachment 1274001
View attachment 1274000

Auto Transport Service
Back