• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Coronet, radio/speaker help wanted!

halfafish

Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
My wagon has a good working AM radio in it. I'd like to upgrade that to an AM/FM version. I've found a couple of units on Ebay that look right, but I don't know if they will fit or not. I'm no B-body guru but I'm guessing AM/FM was an option back in the day. Here is what my radio looks like:

20230824_112738[1].jpg

Does anyone have a factory AM/FM unit that could post a photo or two? I'd like to see how it appears in the dash.

The next question is, what size speaker is in the dash? I have a single one that looks to be a 4x10 but it's hard to get at to measure.

20230826_162942[1].jpg

Don't know why it wouldn't be available in a Coronet. Was an option for 71-4 B's. I have one in my Satellite.
Post a link of the radios that your looking at.
I think the speaker is a 4x7

Don't know why it wouldn't be available in a Coronet. Was an option for 71-4 B's. I have one in my Satellite.
A simple AM/FM was indeed available on the Coronet sedans (see below), but per the data book it was N/A on the Coronet wagons (see my earlier post). Why, I have no idea.
Am-fm ( mono) was not available but Am-fm multiplex(stereo) was. A casette player was also an option.
Indeed. I should have been clearer. Thank you for the correction.

1704244081476.png

Auto Transport Service
Back