• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE '72 or '73 400 with trans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparman66

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
i know a guy that is selling his 400 and 727 trans, mileage unknown, out of a Newport. Engine spins, basically complete. I think he said it is missing the carb, alternator and pulleys, and waterpump. The trans should be good, but of course you would want to have it gone thru anyway before bolting it up. $425. If you are serious about buying this I can go to his house and try to get more details. It's located near Toledo Ohio and would need to be picked up, no shipping

I live by Toledo and am interested. Does it turn over?

He said it turns over easily, the guy he bought his car from and this engine, had just pulled it out of the Newport and it was in running cond. the parts that are missing from the 400 is as follows:
Alternator,carb, starter, pwr steering pump, and distributor. I'm not sure why these particular parts are missing. The stock carb and distributor I would have replaced anyway if it was me. The trans still has the torque converter in it.
Btw your mail box is full

Trans is sold. The heads and intake were pulled off the 400 and are nice and clean. Now offered at $250

Hello is the 400 still available ?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back