• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Road Runner GTX Edition Craigs List $69,000 (not mine)

Dibbons

Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Looks like a clean car. I don't think the spoiler package was factory available in '72 (neither were the backlight louvers-can't tell if they are factory reproduction or other aftermarket). Not sure if interior was factory option either.

1972 Plymouth Roadrunner GTX 440 All Original - cars & trucks - by...

GTX for sale .jpeg

The plastic fake rear window louvers would look better in the garbage

Yikes on that price

My friend bought this 72 Road Runner GTX U code automatic car last year. Originally an N96 Air Grabber hood car,with the hood and deck lid stripes. A previous owner kept the air grabber hood.

Resized_20211003_130103.jpeg

Resized_20211003_130115.jpeg

Nice car

I would bet he didn’t pay anything close to $69 G for it

the interior/seats (orange-black striped plad-ish ? inserts) in that advert.
'are gross',
even for 1972 standards

$69k price seems high for a 72 also
29,000 mile (?) has a rebuilt "date coded" engine (other words not org. #s)
IMO more like 129,000
another hit in value

appears to be a nice-looking/appearing overpriced car otherwise,
from a quick look

Nice car

I would bet he didn’t pay anything close to $69 G for it
No,it's a driver,and a nice one at that. It has a 3.55 sure grip in it. I did up a nice setof 15x7 rallye wheels for the car,and I am working on doing the air grabber hood for the car too.

Good sleuthing Delta...
This happens a lot, people use photos of a car for sale and list it as theirs to try and scam an unsuspecting buyer..
Mayyybe the CL ad person bought it to flip and it's legit but I highly doubt it...the ad does say "I'm not dying to sell it"..SCAM!

Cool looking car, but in any case...69K is too much for a '72 anything!

Auto Transport Service
Back