• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Road Runner wheels help

1) the car ? Absolutely ! the wheels ? absolutely not. 2) that's because back in the day, we threw the stock taxicab wheels & caps in the garbage as fast as possible, and anything looked better
See like I said...polarizing haha. I appreciate the opinion!

Why don't you just enjoy your car the way it is. If you like it that is all that matters. I have American Racing wheels on mine. If someone else doesn't like them will tough, it's not their car. I would post a picture if not buried in the shop. But then I would be in the same position you are in now. OHHH the critics.

Why don't you just enjoy your car the way it is. If you like it that is all that matters. I have American Racing wheels on mine. If someone else doesn't like them will tough, it's not their car. I would post a picture if not buried in the shop. But then I would be in the same position you are in now. OHHH the critics.
Maybe because he's asking for opinions ? And he's getting... opinions.

Why don't you just enjoy your car the way it is. If you like it that is all that matters. I have American Racing wheels on mine. If someone else doesn't like them will tough, it's not their car. I would post a picture if not buried in the shop. But then I would be in the same position you are in now. OHHH the criti
Maybe because he's asking for opinions ? And he's getting... opinions.
Always good to get opinions on me seeking opinions :lol:

My opinion is you've got my opinion, so my opinion is you don't need any more opinions. As RJ would say, just my opinion......

There is a difference in getting opinions and total crap.
An opinion would be. Here are mine and this is why I like them.
Nope. He wanted an opinion on the two styles of wheels on the car, the way I read it. My opinion is your opinion is wrong. Do you have an opinion about that ?

TT for now then go to the big rallyes. I just plain am not a fan of Dog Dish.

Nope. He wanted an opinion on the two styles of wheels on the car, the way I read it. My opinion is your opinion is wrong. Do you have an opinion about that ?
Your right that is all he asked for. So let's just delete anything but. What would that leave? Maybe 10 justifiable posts?

I vote for steelies. Wish I was closer. I would offer a trade for your Steel and caps. If painted black they are not as noticeable.

Plymouth 1.JPG
72 RR.JPG

Like me , I totally get the steel wheels , with or without caps. Or maybe trim rings and ralley centers , AKA. Super Coupe style wheels !!!

Frank

We have not yet decided what to do with the wife's 72. It will be painted Petty blue and follow Richards 72 theme. Even though his 72 was white. I would like to put NASCAR wheels on it but we will see. It's her car and I am not going to fight the issue. The car will go to our oldest son when she is no longer here. Then it will be his problem.

We have not yet decided what to do with the wife's 72. It will be painted Petty blue and follow Richards 72 theme. Even though his 72 was white. I would like to put NASCAR wheels on it but we will see. It's her car and I am not going to fight the issue. The car will go to our oldest son when she is no longer here. Then it will be his problem.
Summit has Nascar-look Basset and Bart steel wheels, in huge sizes,
for (in my opinion) remarkably cheap prices. Under $100 for a 15x10. I was looking at 15x14 and I think they were around $120, around a third or less than an aluminum wheel. (just too heavy for a drag car).

Like me , I totally get the steel wheels , with or without caps. Or maybe trim rings and ralley centers , AKA. Super Coupe style wheels !!!

Frank
Frank, you sir are the winner. I have taken my blue cop wheels and turned them into these :thumbsup:

IMG-4496.jpg

IMG-4571.jpg

I personally despise poverty caps and would definitely go with the Torque Thrusts.

I ran the cop wheels years ago but dressed them differently.View attachment 1309056
Actually 71charger_fan is the first winner! I tried to find the Magnum/super coupe center caps but ended up going with 71 Rallye caps. Very happy with how they turned out!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back