• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 rr grill

71rr440+6

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
i have a complete restored 72 rr grill i purchased from tonys parts several years back that i never installed and was thinking of selling it...what is a fair price to ask for this? thanks

It’s all about condition is the center section warped, mesh have waves or holes in it, mounts broke on the center section, pegs broken of the headlight bezels, repairs etc and does it includes the grille brackets.. once that info is given I can give some value

yes it is restored and not warped...got it from tonys parts about 10 yrs back ...im not seeing to many for sale ..thanks for the info

He said it was completely restored so should be mint. I'm thinking around 2500.00
I did see that but I have seen some “restored” grilles and on the backside you can see all the awful repairs, with the mesh having issues and broken/missing pegs on the headlight bezels… I have learned to ask questions as over the years the term “restored” has had different meanings by some… I am not insulting the OP just saying it’s best to ask.. Anyway that being said I would say I think you are right on the high side and $2200-2500 is it’s value.. I imagine these days the number of real birds needing one is dwindling and “cloning” one with a real grille would be too expensive and they would go for a reproduction one as all they would need is the center section.. I still have 7 complete grille assemblies with brackets and have sold off misc grille pieces and brackets in the past few years but no whole grille assemblies..

(Doctor Evil voice) 1 MILLION DOLLARS! Joking aside it should be worth some good coin seeing they're almost as rare as hen's teeth.

That's great I need to check into buying one for a spare. Have a link?

i have a complete restored 72 rr grill i purchased from tonys parts several years back that i never installed and was thinking of selling it...what is a fair price to ask for this? thanks
Whatever you paid for it times two. :thumbsup:

I'm sure it wasn't cheap to begin with, and they are not very common now.

I've thought about putting one in my 72 SSP beings how everything else on the car looks RR/GTX except the badging and the grill but not for what they go for.
Probably my favorite B body grill.

not broke no waves has all brackets ...its complete
Here's a rhetorical question. What did you pay for it? Anything you sell it for above that is profit..

Have had this one for sale for a while with no interest, I guess I have it over priced

20221008_133739.jpg

20221008_133749.jpg

Ya, that's a stretch. By about 2.5 times.
No way that complete grille is only worth a $1,000. IMO if he wants to sell that grille above it will sell priced at $1800-$1900..

Auto Transport Service
Back