• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite body swap on 2011 Challenger RT

kokxville

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
Ok guys,

i've bought a 1972 Satellite with a 400 bigblock that has a lot of patina and runs out of a gascan. It needs only a few holes patched but everything else is a solid base.
The interior is toast.
I'va also have this 2011 Challenger rt 5.7 with a seized engine. But everything else is in great shape. My idea is to buy a new 5.7 or 6.4 and do a bodyswap from the Satellite on to the Challenger.
Has this or some sort off swap been done before?
If so i need all the information i can get.
Thanks.

John

Cleveland Power and Performance did this with their ‘69 Charger build, Reverence. They chronicled it extensively. To be honest, I don’t see the benefit when you could just upgrade the factory ‘72 suspension with parts from somewhere like Reilly Motorsports. A body swap seems like a bunch of squeeze for not much juice (and it’s already been done).
https://www.clevelandpap.com/69-dodge-charger-hellcat-gallery/

I would not give up a solid axle car for a independent rear suspension... your Plymouth is a much simpler car to deal with and very easy to make it handle like it’s on rails if that’s what your after. I love my newer SRT but would never give up my old school steel for the metric stuff.. try wheel hop problems in a new challenger, it tears them up bad.. if you want a new car buy one. Because once you cut the old out it’s gone forever and it will be hard to sell if you ever decide to... it’s your car and my opinion but here is one thing to remember that my old history teacher taught me: KISS= keep it simple stupid! Simplicity always wins. Best of luck to ya! Technically merging two vehicles requires Dot to inspect, then you also need a paper trail, loose original VIN, then you get a reassigned number in what ever state your in... folks don’t always do it this way but your supposed to in Illinois.

Sounds like a big project with alot of expertise and $$$. Just the 6.4 is big money. In the end it'll be nice though.

Auto Transport Service
Back