• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 question

Red63440

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
With the 63 sitting for several months I have noticed that there is a transmission leak. I have a feeling that its coming from the seals for two shafts from the valve body where they come through the transmission case. What is involved in replacing them and what is the approximate cost for the seals? Its a 67 transmission...

Last edited:
Two shafts? Don't push buttons have just the throttle pressure shaft and a cable for the shifting? Anyway, you will have to drop the valve body to do the seal but that's not hard. One thing to check on the valve body when you have it out is how loose the shaft is. There should be an ear on the valve body that acts like a bushing for the shaft and if it's really loose the movement may extend beyond the seal flexibility and a leak may result even with a new seal. The seal can't be more than a few dollars.

I just saw on my 727 where it looked like a leak at those seals but was coming down from the kick down band adjusting screw. Had to look up from below to see it on the nut. Also just my 2 cents, I run a deep pan with a deep sump and run the level low for the "converter drainback" that comes with long storage. And it looks cool.

I should have mentioned its a 1967 727.

Auto Transport Service
Back