• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73/74 Roadrunner with chin spoiler and go wing post up your pics!

idrivemopar

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Thinking about doing a mod, adding a chin spoiler and go wing to my 73RR, want to see others that have done this, please post up pics!

FYI the 71-74 Charger chin spoiler does not work.

MPC-7425-2.jpg

I did a first gen Camaro spoiler on a '72 Road Runner. It may also work on a '73. I thought it looked and fit pretty good. And they are pretty inexpensive.

72 RR18 (2).jpg

Spoiler yes go wing no in my opinion
The spoiler will help high speed float

A police a RR? Never knew. Buddy had a Montana police fox stang with badges on the valve covers.

Years ago there was a car that had the G- Series treatment with a heavy 71 influence. Was a very tasteful job and was featured in one of the Mopar mags. Car was severely t boned and I think that was mentioned on Moparts. I wasn't successful with Google images in finding it in its hey day.
Maybe @chargervert remembers?

A police a RR? Never knew..

MPC models did a number of "police" version cars. A 73-75 Duster/dart Smokey Convoy Chaser, a 77 2dr Monaco Force 440, a later model Nova Squad Rod, to name a few.

...and a few HIP colors (or nearly the same colors) were still available, and you can "get away with" most 69-72 HIP colors on them as well.

At least to me it's MUCH more acceptable than HIP colors on pre-1969 cars.

I have that setup. Also a good excuse to post some pics since I just got her back from the paint shop!
I got the front spoiler here: https://www.spoilersbyrandy.com/73-74-roadrunner View attachment 1145955 View attachment 1145956 View attachment 1145957 View attachment 1145958 View attachment 1145960 View attachment 1145965
Now that looks good. My problem, is, white stripes. Would that look good with a white go wing and spoiler, or would my car look like a big *** hot wheel! LOL

RR BACK EDIT PLATE.JPG
s-l1600 fgr.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
73 red roadrunner.jpg

I found a few pics of cars with white stripes and a white wing and with a black wing. Might give you some ideas... Personally I think the go wing would look good white to match the stripes, but I'm not sure one way or the other on the chin spoiler. You could probably get away with leaving it black.

Thanks for the pictures. The black go wing just doesnt look right and that one with the White spoiler is all wrong, its way to low! Maybe i will just leave the lid on that can of worms!

@satrunner92

Do you have the full pic of the last pic of the yellow car.

That looks really mean.

Thanks for the pictures. The black go wing just doesnt look right and that one with the White spoiler is all wrong, its way to low! Maybe i will just leave the lid on that can of worms!
I think the one with the white spoiler was mounted on backwards, and the black winged car is a gull wing. That was all I could find though! I definitely wouldn't get them until I was confident it was the look I wanted. It'd sure be a pain to reverse after they've been installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back