• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 Satellites in the Junk Yard

JedIEG

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
A friend of mine was in the junk yard today and sent me some pictures of a pair of Satellites headed for the crusher. The yard is near Columbus Indiana and they apparently will sell parts off the cars, but not the whole thing. Looks like some usable fenders and doors. Basically complete cars from what I can see. If anyone in the area wants to go salvage parts off of them they they are at Garden City Metals on Route 11.

I hate seeing those in the scrap heep. They are in as good of shape as my car was when I bought it as a poor college student. Surely some poor kid would have loved to have a cheap cool car to work on and not have to pay out the nose for a 'real' muscle car.
image000001.jpg
image000000.jpg

Someone PLEASE save these... Orange one specifically, looks better than my '67...

they apparently will sell parts off the cars, but not the whole thing.

I bet he'd sell the whole car if the price was right. Money talks. I'd hate to see these car crushed.. what a shame.

pass side mirror

car #1 might be an RR

all four slots on car #2?

Depending on pricing structure, could be a good swap meet flip haul

...but go get that pass side mirror and look to see if it's an RR

Lots of good parts... I hate seeing folks scrap stuff unless it has nothing left... Even four doors ...

What do decent (not horribly rusted) '73 Satellite/Roadrunner rear bumpers go for nowadays?

problem with yards is them selling complete cars that they don't have title on. somehow they can get in trouble for that? not sure ehy, but i've been rebuffed on more than one occasion. though i also had some luck on a few occasions.

Do you have the name of the place? I’m looking for some interior parts and I’m in Indiana.There is a yard down south in Corydon that has a satellite and a charger but they have been picked pretty clean

Garden City Metal on Route 11. It's about a mile south of Columbus. They have a website, but nothing about salvage on it so you need to just call them to get the story on yard rules and hours. I lived about 2 miles away for a bit and never went because they dont advertise the salvage part of their business.

https://www.gardencityironandmetal.com/

Auto Transport Service
Back