• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Big block positive battery cable

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between a '72 and '73 positive battery cable for a Charger with a 440? Can't find anyone that sells the original style one for a '73 at a reasonable price. Found one for a '73/74 on ebay but it was over $200. Found several sources online for a 1972 440 in a Charger. Looking to buy a replacement or see if someone will make me one.

I don’t know how different 72 and 73 cables are. I doubt there is much. If you aren’t totally committed to a OE cable good auto parts store can make you one or sell you a ready made universal cable

It wouldn't be too hard to buy the correct gauge cable and the terminal ends and and assemble them yourself.

The starter relay is mounted up on the firewall near the MC on 73-up, vs on the inner fender for 72-down.

Now, if you don't care, you could move the Starter relay but then you mess up the rest of the engine harness wires.

Auto Transport Service
Back