• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Dodge charger Turn signals don't work

Michael400

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
The turn signals don't work the Emergency work Could it be a bad fuse or the turn signal switch??

Nothing? Front, rear, left or right? Can you hear the flasher under the dash clicking?
Yes, nothing front, rear, left or right. And you can't hear the flasher underneath the dash clicking I do hear the clicking when the emergencies are on.

I would say then that the most obvious answers would be either you are not getting power to the turn signal switch, or the turn signal switch is bad. So I would think the first logical step would be to find out if the turn signal Switch is being supplied with power

It was working good no problems and 1 day I went to go drive the car, it stop working. It's a 73 dodge charger 400 big block

I have a test light. One fuse wasn't working i'm going to replace it and see if that works

But why did the fuse blow?

Since the new fuse has the signals working, that indicates that if there is a problem, it is intermittent. So, obviously, The only way to see if it is an ongoing problem is to wait and see if the fuse blows again

These fuses were the original fuse from the seventies I think i'm gonna change all new fuses This was my dad's car he bought it brand new from 73 I could hear clicking sound but it's very very soft is that normal??

Maybe I should get a new one how do they look like

Here is a picture of one, although some of them are rectangular. I personally wouldn’t fool with it if it was working, because depending on what accessories you have in your car, there can be three or four similar looking devices under your dash And it can be a pain to figure out, which one is which, or even to find them underneath there

IMG_2525.jpeg

Just because the fuse blew doesn't mean there is a short..
The internal element within an old fuse can fatigue and weaken with age, and applying a fresh voltage surge may cause it to blow..
Carfeully track the condition of the replaced fuse to see if it holds...

Just my $0.02...

Just because the fuse blew doesn't mean there is a short..
The internal element within an old fuse can fatigue and weaken with age, and applying a fresh voltage surge may cause it to blow..
Carfeully track the condition of the replaced fuse to see if it holds...

Just my $0.02...
This is what I'm thinking. That's why I wanna change all my fuses to new ones because they're old

Auto Transport Service
Back