• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 satellite fuel sending unit removal

No need to drop the tank, it can be still on car. I have made it maybe dozen of times. Of course should be empty or not more than 1/3 as much.

yep.

Can be done fairly easily with tank on.

Agree to have at least 2/3 empty but even less is better.

.....and do NOT lose or throw away the lock ring.

The new ones that come with new sending units and tanks SUCK, and will bend, loosen and cause a leak.

The new rubber gaskets SUCK as well. If you need one, get a red toilet valve gasket.

2 1/4 duals on mine and I had enough room.

Mine run almost right below the frame rails- pretty much in the stock location for factory pipes.

My tech did mine with the tank in, but it was on a lift.

Agreed on keep the original lock ring. With repro gas tanks is even worst because the locking piece on tank bends too.

Althought every times I removed the sender was with 2 1/4" pipes ( dual ) made at shops, I also have NOW dual 2 1/2" pipes made at the shop, and I'm pretty sure I would be able to do it yet.

OH! Also remove it with gas cap off. If you have build some pressure on tank, gas will drain throught the outlet. Of course If you don't have any problem getting FUEL eau de toilet by Calvin Klain you won't need to do that LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back