• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Satellite - LCA sway bar tab location?

table30

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Hey....does anyone have a picture of their '73 / '74 LCA that shows where the sway bar mount is located?

I can assist when my k frame gets back here . If you can't find one in the week msg me it should be here by next weekend

Hope these help

K frame 73-4B BB.jpg K frame 73-4B BB 2.jpg

The ends of the bar attach to the strut rods, right?

Oh, wait....maybe I do have the correct bar. I didn't know they could attach directly to the strut rod with a bushing! Thanks!

Yes,
that's how they attach, Clamp around the bushing on the strut rod. Bolt through the hole in the torsion bar end and clamp.

Yes,
that's how they attach, Clamp around the bushing on the strut rod. Bolt through the hole in the torsion bar end and clamp.

Looks like my k-frame does not have these gussets (pictured below) that hold the support for the sway bar...

krame.jpg

Looks like my k-frame does not have these gussets that hold the support for the sway bar...

View attachment 1163418

I believe they are reproduced by some one. Did you check with ADDCO or PST. of course you will have to weld them in. For that matter you probably could make your own or find a "K" member in a bone yard that you could cut out.
1973/74s "B" Body and 1975-79 Cordobas have the same design "K" members

I believe they are reproduced by some one. Did you check with ADDCO or PST. of course you will have to weld them in. For that matter you probably could make your own or find a "K" member in a bone yard that you could cut out.

Great help! Thanks.

I get the feeling these sway bar isolator bushings were made for aftermarket strut rods? The stock rods have a lip at the threaded end that the inner diameter of the rubber bushing must somehow get past, in order to slide it down where it belongs.

And I assume it's probably not a good idea to split the rubber bushing in order to get it on the strut rod?

Last edited:
I get the feeling these isolator bushings were made for aftermarket strut rods. The stock rods have a lip at the threaded end that the bushing must somehow get past? And it's probably not a good idea to split the rubber bushing in order to get it on the strut rod.
Heat the rubber bushing in boiling water, apply grease to the strut and they will slip over the lip. Wear gloves those bushings will be hot. I don't remember if I slipped the bushing over the strut rod end that bolts to the LCA. That is flattened out and maybe easier to get the bushing over.

Last edited:
The straps included by ADDCO with 73 and lates sway bar to the strut rod are a piece of $h1t. Nothing close to the originals. Just a regular U strap attached to a Flat piece of metal. To use these bushings
WC-1238-1ESWC12401ESPR-1238-1ESPR-1240-1ESEnergy-Suspension-Sway-Bar-Bushing.jpg

The straps included by ADDCO with 73 and lates sway bar to the strut rod are a piece of $h1t. Nothing close to the originals. Just a regular U strap attached to a Flat piece of metal. To use these bushings View attachment 1163638

You ain't kidding. I just found out this morning they are practically unusable. I'm gonna have to do some cutting and welding.

Having a factory sway bar is not a problem, reuse the stock existant parts and JUST USE the ADDCO bar itself, but trying to install those on a non sway bar car becomes on a headache.

The best could be get a donor for these parts.

Last edited:
Somewhat little known fact that 73 and up cars built without sway bars didn't come with the mount ears welded to the K frames.

I am in the same boat.

Mine has an aftermarket bar mounted with angle iron bolted to the K frame but I think there's either too much flex or something else going on as I have a LOT of body roll.

I seem to just miss $100 factory sway bar K frames.
Even then changing one is kind of an involved operation, but at least I could also install my poly ISO bushings.

Having a factory sway bar is not a problem, reuse the stock existant parts and JUST USE the bar itself, but trying to install those on a non sway bar car becomes on a headache.

The best could be get a donor for these parts.
Somewhat little known fact that 73 and up cars built without sway bars didn't come with the mount ears welded to the K frames.

I am in the same boat.

Mine has an aftermarket bar mounted with angle iron bolted to the K frame but I think there's either too much flex or something else going on as I have a LOT of body roll.

I seem to just miss $100 factory sway bar K frames.
Even then changing one is kind of an involved operation, but at least I could also install my poly ISO bushings.

The good news is that my engine is currently out of the car, as I am rebuilding the entire front suspension. So, easier access to fab and weld...
20210904_220636.jpg

20210906_111214.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back