• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 satellite shield?

340 6pack

Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what or where this shield goes on a 73 Plymouth Satellite? I bought this car in boxes, totally dismantled and don't know if it even goes on the car. It looks bent some but usable if I need it. Trying to get the rest of the parts cleaned up and painted.
20200629_211026.jpg
20200629_211020.jpg
20200629_210954.jpg
20200629_210946.jpg

I have the same on my 73 Charger too but don’t know what it’s for either!
upload_2020-6-29_20-8-29.png

Those are splash shields that go on the rear position of the K-frame around the bushings. The 4 holes should line up with 4 holes in the k-frame, where two are on the angled up section and two at the rear of the k-frame. I believe they were used to prevent water up into the rear of the engine compartment and or transmission. Honestly that's the first set I have seen in about 30 years. Most cars are missing them.

Those are splash shields that go on the rear position of the K-frame around the bushings. The 4 holes should line up with 4 holes in the k-frame, where two are on the angled up section and two at the rear of the k-frame. I believe they were used to prevent water up into the rear of the engine compartment and or transmission. Honestly that's the first set I have seen in about 30 years. Most cars are missing them.

correct.

they are there to protect the starter and is mounted at the k member rear, drivers side bushing.

rare on many restored cars.

Thanks guys, I will go ahead and clean it up and get it ready to put on. I apprecaite your time, replies, and pictures. All was very helpful and nice, Thanks again!

I have seen couple of them being sold lately. My car didn’t get it from factory ( well my Charger wasn’t assembled in USA ) and I could probably ad it, someday in the future but I have priorities right now.

Another question. I think that the brackets with the two slotted bolt holes go at the back of the front fenders, but do I have two of the same side or are they the same left and right. And where does the other brackets go and are they supposed to be the same or different also?
20200630_084229.jpg

Those shields normally are rotted off here in the areas that use salt. Mine was hanging when I bought my car back in the late 80's held in by one screw...IMO those shields actually helped the Bushing area rot out also like mine was...

Auto Transport Service
Back