• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73RR bucket seat parts needed

Jaysam

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m looking to re-do my bucket seat tracks and I’m in search of the rollers and bearings. Just wondering where to find them and what years and cars used the same parts for the bucket seat tracks. All I found was up to 70. I’m sure finding the tracks would be easier as a whole, but probably way more expensive when all I need is a roller and a few bearings. Anyone know if bench seats use the same parts? Thanks for any replies and help.

Bench seat tracks have the same sliders, rollers, and bearings.

...and be aware of the orientation.

If you put them in backwards, you'll lose about an inch of adjustment travel.
Ask me how I know.

Bench seat tracks have the same sliders, rollers, and bearings.

...and be aware of the orientation.

If you put them in backwards, you'll lose about an inch of adjustment travel.
Ask me how I know.
Thank you very much, that’s very helpful.

Also, does anyone know if E or C bodies around the same time used the same rollers or bearings?

Those look to be about correct but I think the retainers that hold the bearings in my seats are metal, and I’m also missing a roller that goes with the bearings and retainer.

Measure the diameter and length of the roller on the other retainer. Buy a piece of drill rod (tool steel) with the same diameter. then cut it to length using a cut-off wheel. Mcmaster-Carr.com will have the drill rod. Also if you need replacement ball bearing measure those and get them at Mcmaster-Carr

Last edited:
Measure the diameter and length of the roller on the other retainer. Buy a piece of drill rod (tool steel) with the same diameter. then cut it to length using a cut-off wheel. Mcmaster-Carr.com will have the drill rod. Also if you need replacement ball bearing measure those and get them at Mcmaster-Carr
Great idea, thanks. Only issue is that I will still need the retainer to hold the roller and bearings.

Great idea, thanks. Only issue is that I will still need the retainer to hold the roller and bearings.

I feel your pain, I was in your shoes 2 years ago. I looked into 3D printing and making a latex mold to mold my own. Plenty of companies out there that due both. But I needed my parts in a hurry and lucked out and found a 1973 NOS bucket seat slide on ebay for $18 bucks.
My retainers were broken so I glued them back together to use them to molds or measured if needed for a CAD drawing for 3D printing. During my research I was informed that Chrysler use the same bucket seat slides up to 1978 in the Cordoba. But I never confirmed that.

DSC03939.JPG DSC03938.JPG DSC03936.JPG DSC03937.JPG DSC03934.JPG

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I was in your shoes 2 years ago. I looked into 3D printing and making a latex mold to mold my own. Plenty of companies out there that due both. But I needed my parts in a hurry and lucked out and found a 1973 NOS bucket seat slide on ebay for $18 bucks.
My retainers were broken so I glued them back together to use them to molds or measured if needed for a CAD drawing for 3D printing. During my research I was informed that Chrysler use the same bucket seat slides up to 1978 in the Cordoba. But I never confirmed that.

View attachment 974522 View attachment 974523 View attachment 974524 View attachment 974525 View attachment 974526

5D6B4686-89C7-44CF-ABF5-AC1A490551F2.jpeg

View attachment 974522 View attachment 974523 View attachment 974524 View attachment 974525 View attachment 974526
Wow, that’s great to hear that it worked out for you. That pic is of what came out of one of my seat tracks. I haven’t even taken apart the other 3 yet. I wonder what the odds would be for me to find some in a salvage yard here in south eastern Wisconsin? Oh well, I guess the search is on for some kinda fix.

Lots of people have (and are currently) swapped out bench seats for buckets.

Theoretically, there should be a big pile of bench tracks out there.
Most probably don't know or care and they end up in the dump.

Catch someone currently doing it.

In fact, the bottoms of the bench tracks will work with the bucket track top, and give an additional .75" of headroom.
Headroom is very important to me.
This also remove the lean caused bu putting buckets in a car without the inside track bracing.

Auto Transport Service
Back