• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In search of some B body seat track info

Newkidonthebloc

Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
Dear all,

I am in need for some info on the original seat tracks for my 67 Coronet. The car did not come with the seats but with some aftermarket bucket seats (high back racer type stuff) that do not really fit the car. I happened to come across two bucket seats out of a 1966 chrysler town and country (C-body) and snatched those. The drivers seat even is 6-way power adjustable! I am now taking the drivers seat and noticed the left seat track has an additional bracket that lifts the front by about 1.5 cm / 0.6 inch and the back about 2.6cm / 1 inch. This bracket sits only on the left seat track and can be taken off.

I already know that I need to drill 2 holes to make the seats fit but I've not thought about the height differential between the two sides and am afraid this will make the seat sit slightly canted.

Sooo.. my question is: I've looked at the correct seat tracks for a 67 b body and they also seem to have some difference between the left and right track. Does anyone have any measurements / numbers on these tracks or know if its roughly the same on the C-body seats?

Best regards,

Thom

Highlighted.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-19 at 22.04.55 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-19 at 22.04.55 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-19 at 22.04.55.jpeg

On the manual seat tracks, the track by the transmission tunnel is shorter in height than the one by the door. Don’t know if this helps.
Also there is a reinforcement plate welded to the floor where the front seat track bolts to the floor next to the tunnel.

The floor in the car is not flat.
The outer track by the is taller. The center tracks are shorter.

Agree.

Do the tracks and studs line up with the dimples in the floor pan?

Curious about this as C body tracks could be spaced wider.

I had 67 C -body power bucket seats in a 67 Belvedere.

The outboard studs fit the floor. All Belvederes are bench seat so the inner holes had to be drilled, but the dimples are on the floorpan and are in the correct place for the c-body seats.

Thank you for all your replies! I will look for a place that will be able to recover the seats with out costing the world. Legendary has the covers but it'll take 32 weeks and I also need the foam. Ill let you know when the seats are in!

Should order your stuff from a vendor, not Legendary. The vendor will get it 1st, plus they are easier to deal with. It will still be Legendary. You may need 1/2" plastic spacers between your floor pan and seat tracks. Also, reinforcement plates for the floor by the driveshaft tunnel. That's how my '69 is, yours may be different.

I love Legendary products but am I the only one that thinks 32 weeks is effng ridiculous. Hire more staff!!

Dear all,

I am in need for some info on the original seat tracks for my 67 Coronet. The car did not come with the seats but with some aftermarket bucket seats (high back racer type stuff) that do not really fit the car. I happened to come across two bucket seats out of a 1966 chrysler town and country (C-body) and snatched those. The drivers seat even is 6-way power adjustable! I am now taking the drivers seat and noticed the left seat track has an additional bracket that lifts the front by about 1.5 cm / 0.6 inch and the back about 2.6cm / 1 inch. This bracket sits only on the left seat track and can be taken off.

I already know that I need to drill 2 holes to make the seats fit but I've not thought about the height differential between the two sides and am afraid this will make the seat sit slightly canted.

Sooo.. my question is: I've looked at the correct seat tracks for a 67 b body and they also seem to have some difference between the left and right track. Does anyone have any measurements / numbers on these tracks or know if its roughly the same on the C-body seats?

Best regards,

Thom

View attachment 1612407

View attachment 1612408

View attachment 1612409

View attachment 1612410
You might already have this figured out...I just rebuilt the bucket seat tracks on my 1967 Plymouth Satellite, so I measured them. The outside track is exactly 1" higher than the inside track. That dimension is the same at the front and back of the track.

image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back