• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger orange instrument cluster 3xpin connector hanging loose: what's it for?

74ChargerSE440

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
I discovered this orange instrument cluster 3 pin connector hanging loose under my dash: what's it for? It has a very short wire.

- It happens to be that my orange gear selector light wire is hanging loose also, so the light does not work... 1 + 1 = 2?

1686478800940.png

Last edited:
Accessory lamps, not always full. Your console lamp would plug in there.

Yep.

Most Mopar dash and console lights have orange plugs and/or wires.

Should my dark-blue-with-yellow-mold-plug-tachometer-wire also go in this 3 pin orange plug?
No. Is hot just when cluster lights are on. Is the dimmer feed for accesory switches lights… and console cars too which it gets a long pigtail wire from side to side up to passenger kick panel then up to the console shifter with another wire.

tach blue wire must be plugged in to the acc source. Similar feed but yellow mold on a tan wire close to brake pedal area

No. Is hot just when cluster lights are on. Is the dimmer feed for accesory switches lights… and console cars too which it gets a long pigtail wire from side to side up to passenger kick panel then up to the console shifter with another wire.

tach blue wire must be plugged in to the acc source. Similar feed but yellow mold on a tan wire close to brake pedal area
You mean this one where the blue wire of the tach should be plugged into?

1686687979419.png

Auto Transport Service
Back