• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Rallye Trunk Lid and Other Emblem Locations

terrywalker

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
I neglected to get a photo of the trunk lid on my Charger. I found this photo on the internet and I'm asking if this if the correct location for the emblems on the trunk lid? Also, what emblem would be on the wood grain dash insert - Charger? Mine had Coronet Custom but it had been changed out. Thanks.
Terry W.

1974-Dodge-Charger-classic-trucks--Car-101358194-6ea3556fd125f1b8ae13216c115c77b6.jpg

Thank you. One other question. The original emblems were applied using a double-back rubber adhesive tape. Is that still the recommended way or is there a good liquid contact emblem adhesive to use? I've seen the emblem adhesive tape at the local auto parts store.
Terry W.

Quality 3m double sided tape is the way to go.

Agree with all of the above. Dash script should just be "Charger".

(former 74 440 Rallye owner)

Charger
Charger SE
Charger R/T
SuperBee

Those are the only scripts available for the dash insert for Chargers. Of course the 2 last ones just for 71. Althought my 74 got the Charger R/T from factory LOL

S4011226.jpg

Agree. If not an SE should simply say Charger.
And trunk emblems are correct. I have measurements from the door emblems if you need them.

My Charger Rallye did not have any other script emblems that I recall. The Rallye side stripes had the script in the stripe. I don't remember any emblems on the bulge hood other than the MAGNUM callouts for the HP 360. Am I missing anything else?
Terry W.

My 74 also had the stripe cutout. There is a DODGE callout on the hood. You can see the outline on the drivers side front.

01414_fSpFs5eGoM_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG

Don`t forget the C Pillar emblems. Charger and the arrow. Also the rear part of the trunk gets a blackout decal for the rally.

Rolland Cy CT

Don`t forget the C Pillar emblems. Charger and the arrow. Also the rear part of the trunk gets a blackout decal for the rally.

Rolland Cy CT

Emblems in 74 was on the doors, none on the c-pillar. That was 72 only. The trunk decal was optional for 73-74. Mine did not come with one.

Emblems in 74 was on the doors, none on the c-pillar. That was 72 only. The trunk decal was optional for 73-74. Mine did not come with one.

yes. I think that came with the V21 addition wasn’t it?

if so. I thought I seen a post a few years ago from (odzking? I think :)), that if you had the V21 option the emblems on the truck were not included?

Actually according to this literature, it seems it was. Maybe in the stripe like the sides?
74_stripes_page2.jpg

74_stripes_page3.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back