• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 satelite sebering plus

Yngve

Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Hi i have a 74 Sebering plus, it has its original 400cid high performance 4 barrel engine, automatic transmission, sunroof, and bucket seats.
Is this a rare car? i have not seen any with the big block and sunroof, but i live in Norway and we dont see many Satelites here.

Welcome Yngve, I would say that your car would be considered rare, not sure how popular the sun roof option was in `74. Why don't you post some pics for the time being and I am sure we;ll get some others to chime in on the subject.

You could consider most all MOPARS rare.....at least compared to the other brands. But assuming your car is an original 440 4V with factory sunroof, I'd say it's a keeper

Hi i have a 74 Sebering plus, it has its original 400cid high performance 4 barrel engine, automatic transmission, sunroof, and bucket seats.
Is this a rare car? i have not seen any with the big block and sunroof, but i live in Norway and we dont see many Satelites here.

welcome any sun roof cars are really rare

other factors go into making a car rare, but having one with a factory sunroof does put it above the norm.

Thanks for the answers. The car is in a sad shape with loads of rust on the body.
it is completely taken apart by its previous owner, who was going to restore it.
He has restored all the parts that he has taken of the car and all the parts are in show condition.
The interior is done in white lether and looks great.
The body is the problem, all the floor pans have been sandblasted years ago and have rusted badly. The good thing is that the car is complete, the engine has been stored in a warm garage,and i got the car for free.

heck a 440 in a sebring plus is rare, a 440 in a sebring plus with a sunroof is super duper rare.. dont know the numbers, but i would NEVER kick that one out of my garage.

I will post some pictures *** soon as i get it out of storage, it is standing in a dark garage right now. But i will get it out of there soon, need to finnish of a mustang gt fastback before i start to work on the Sebering(the Mustang will be sold when it is done).

Guy's did I miss some thing?????? He said 400 cid not 440 :rolling:

Plymouth

Time to bump this tread! Yes, it has a 400 hi performance engine, not a 440! I still belive it is a rare car, but I may be wrong. It was a brown car with white leather interior and white vinyl top, it has a factory electric sunroof. I am looking forward to restoring this car. I need some body parts for it, does anyone know if it is possible to get rear fenders for it? I will also need to replace much of the floor panels, how good is the quality on the repro parts available for my car?

Yngve

That sounds like a really cool car. Let me toss out an idea. I bought a 74 sat seb plusbut mine came with a roadrunner bulge hood And I think it looks really bitchin. The seb plus came with all of the top of the line dress stuff, the roadrunner was a stripped version with all of the hi preformance stuff.
It sounds like you have the best of both. I have not been able to load a pic so I'll describe. it is ralley red with a black full vinyal roof and black interior.
Rally dash and wheels with trim rings. I took out the grille and had it painted a high gloss black and did the tail light bezels in a gloss black with silver trim.
Took off those big honkin rubber babybumper bumpers. I only did the hood bulge decal as I allready have the chrome window, door drip rails, wheel well and body side mouldings. I plan to put a wing on the trunk , it will be gloss black.
I am not making a runner clone or exact resto satellite either, I will take all the badging off except a few small trinkets like the Plymouth on the back bumper and pentastars on each side of the vinyal roof where it now says sebering plus and on the woodgrain inlay on the dash there may be a plymouth or a pentastsr or both there.
And when they go wow thats a nice car, What is it?
I just tell them it's a PLYMOUTH!
Smile light em up and roll away.

Think about that hood man. But do What Pleases You!

Point??? Lol whats this got to so with anything?

not my post but I think he was referring to the point that sunroofs in 74 were crank not electric. Ma Mopar was pinching pennys, so no electric. I think they held up better because they were more work to open. And after the handle broke off, they were used even less.

Auto Transport Service
Back