• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

741 yoke dust shield

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Power washing and degreasing my rear axle, the yoke dust shield was rotted. I took it off. Do they sell just this shield?

69 Dart rear yolk.jpg

Last edited:
Let me look at my stuff. I had a take off yoke from a 741 that had the shield. Hoping I didn't toss it.

I looked and couldn't find it, sorry. I don't think it is reproduced.

I'll bet that those that make and sell rear axle parts have something that will work. How about Mancinis Racing?

d9GcSWeetDBuds38bxcOqB2YlfzVE9-F9fy8FvDUCagRnVuQ&s.jpg

Last edited:
That is a yoke, not a yolk.

What is a shaft yoke?

View attachment 1556203

What is a yoke on a diff?

Driveshaft yokes are located on the ends of the driveshaft. In most configurations, one yoke connects to the rear of the vehicle while the other yoke reaches into the transmission. The driveshaft sends power from the transmission and turns the differential, which moves the wheels.

**************************************************************************************************************************

I'll bet that those that make and sell rear axle parts have something that will work. How about Mancinis Racing?
My typing skills need work.

My replacement didn't have one and I have yet to have issues.
20180218_131039.jpg
20180218_130851.jpg
20180218_140545.jpg

Is it really needed? I see some yokes sold without it.
Not really but the seal will last longer over the course of a lot of miles and especially on dirt roads and in bad weather so I'd say, run it with out it unless you do all that other stuff :D

Mancini Racing used to sell them ,, but you should be fine without it ,,, now is it my eyes or optical illusion but does the pinion seal in picture #2 of post #7 not look fully seated .

Mancini Racing used to sell them ,, but you should be fine without it ,,, now is it my eyes or optical illusion but does the pinion seal in picture #2 of post #7 not look fully seated .
Fully seated. There is a lip on the housing.

Auto Transport Service
Back