• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB '75-'76 Coronet/'77-'78Monaco/'75-'78 Fury: B-Body sedan search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan1976

Local time
9:39 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member, my name is Aidan, I am Irish, now living in Australia.

To introduce myself via this search, I will explain my story.
I used to own a factory black ’75 Fury sedan. It was back in Ireland, and was brought in brand new and registered in August 1975 by the American Government for use at the American Embassy in Dublin. A lot of classic American cars were brought in by the Embassy over the years, including a '71 Fury Sport Suburban (383) which was later converted to a hearse when sold to the public at end of service.

My '75 had a 360 engine, auto on column, tan interior, rubber floor mats and no stainless trim around the roof. Plain jane. Unfortunately the car was too dilapidated to restore when I obtained it in '07 or '08, surprised it still had the diplomatic immunity plate under the front license plate. I stripped it and kept EVERYTHING – drivetrain, bumpers, nose, interior,glass, door handles and mechanisms, wheels, dog dish hub caps etc etc. (Just tried to attached some pix but didn't work, perhaps too big, or maybe someone could advise me, little help? Thanks lol)

I have been searching for one of these cars in the same colour etc. for a LONG time now. Am quite surprised at how hard they are to find, i.e. '71-'76 Coronet/'77-'78 Monaco/'75-'78 Fury B-Body sedans. Rarer than 4-speed and Hemi cars lol?? They were smashed upin nearly every TV show and movie of the '80s. Blame "Hunter" I guess, ha ha.

Anybody out there have, or know of, of a plain jane '75-'76 Coronet/'77-'78 Monaco/'75-'78 Fury B-Body sedan for sale? Would be great to find one in the same scheme as my old car, black with tan interior. Even one with either colour would be great, can always change/paint to suit. The plainer the better!

Thanks very much for your time, great site and community!

Cheers, Aidan

You don't specify 2 or 4 door.

There is a black 76 Coronet 2 door for sale in the next town over from me.

It was on craigslist and ebay multiple times starting a $6,000, and eventually down to $3500.

It is STILL at the mom and pop car lot, so it may be even cheaper now.

I can get the info for the dealer and maybe a pic or two, but after that, you're on your own working with them on purchase and transport.

As a kicker, I think it might have a silver interior.

Hi

You don't specify 2 or 4 door.

There is a black 76 Coronet 2 door for sale in the next town over from me.

It was on craigslist and ebay multiple times starting a $6,000, and eventually down to $3500.

It is STILL at the mom and pop car lot, so it may be even cheaper now.

I can get the info for the dealer and maybe a pic or two, but after that, you're on your own working with them on purchase and transport.

As a kicker, I think it might have a silver interior.

Hi there, thank you very much for replying. I am chasing a 4-door sedan, the plainer the better (i.e. no vinyl top, no fancy trim. A plain-jane government type car). Where is town that you speak of by the way?

No worries about purchasing and transport, I have imported 2 cars previously from the US over the years: a '69 Impala Custom Coupe and a '73 Buick Century.

Will continue searching, I'll find one eventually, am not going to give up.

Cheers, Aidan

Well, you did say sedan.

I thought the 2D was a nice car, but I'm a 66/67 and 71-74 guy.

Well, you did say sedan.

I thought the 2D was a nice car, but I'm a 66/67 and 71-74 guy.

Some pix of my Irish ex-American Embassy '75 Fury.....RIP

Attachments

• 1975 Plymouth Fury, Cork, 10-12-'05 (4).jpg
    1975 Plymouth Fury, Cork, 10-12-'05 (4).jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back