• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 8 3/4 rearend...391 suregrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

terzmo

Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
brakedrum to brakedrum 8 3/4 suregrip with 391 gears..still in my 67 R/T but coming out within 10 days. Perfect condition..no whines..both sides leave rubber marks... got a great deal on a dana and cal trac suspension. If in Buffalo NY area I can demo while still in the car. I can deliver to mopar carlisle with a non refundable deposit. There will be no disappointments with this rearend as it works perfect. Bolt in and enjoy. Axels also have green bearings. Both sides have right hand threads. Brakes are good. Everything except e-brake cables. $800.00 firm. Will NOT separate unless you want the chunk for $800.00 or the housing/axels for $800.00 PM for contact. I think...the case is a 489 but can check if important...either way it wasn't important to me as the car is a street car and never been on the track.

The rearend could be out before 10 days.

I am interested, and trying to figure out if that's a direct bolt in for my 74 charger. I would have to pick up in Carlisle, PA if you are still going and everything works out as needed. How much of a deposit were you wanting for transport? -Ross

100.00 deposit....there must be some site with width info.....does your car have a 8 3/4 now ? or smaller ?

- - - Updated - - -

I am interested, and trying to figure out if that's a direct bolt in for my 74 charger. I would have to pick up in Carlisle, PA if you are still going and everything works out as needed. How much of a deposit were you wanting for transport? -Ross

I don't see an 8 3/4 listed for 74 B body. The perch widths are different by about 3 inches between a 67 and 72 B body...they could be moved BUT you want to make sure the width of a 67 B body will work. I do know the 71 B body dana is wider than a 67 B body dana by an inch or so...

I found this on a Hemmings, the 8 3/4 was used up to 1974 in his Charger but like you said, widths are all different,

All measurements are from brake drum to brake drum:

1964-1967 B-bodies - 59 1/2 inches
1971-1974 B-bodies - 63 inches

3.5" narrower, which is only 1.75" per side. This Would allow you to run some FATTIES out back and look cool ! Make some wide-Azzzz Skid marks :)

I found this on a Hemmings, the 8 3/4 was used up to 1974 in his Charger but like you said, widths are all different,

All measurements are from brake drum to brake drum:

1964-1967 B-bodies - 59 1/2 inches
1971-1974 B-bodies - 63 inches

3.5" narrower, which is only 1.75" per side. This Would allow you to run some FATTIES out back and look cool ! Make some wide-Azzzz Skid marks :)

as long as it didn't interfere with the inner wheel well...the perches would have to moved but that's not a biggie...Thanks for the help/post

100.00 deposit....there must be some site with width info.....does your car have a 8 3/4 now ? or smaller ?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see an 8 3/4 listed for 74 B body. The perch widths are different by about 3 inches between a 67 and 72 B body...they could be moved BUT you want to make sure the width of a 67 B body will work. I do know the 71 B body dana is wider than a 67 B body dana by an inch or so...

I posted every interchangable rear-end for Chrysler years ago on this forum.
Specifics were even the correct lenghts and width.
Do a search...

I posted every interchangable rear-end for Chrysler years ago on this forum.
Specifics were even the correct lenghts and width.
Do a search...

Hmm...I'm the seller...described exactly what I have........and I do a search ??
Should I deliver and install also ? Wouldn't one think it's up to the buyer to research what they need? I gave all the info I could and now told to do a search with nothing to show for it...I think not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back