• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 8.75 rear end center section 742 case with 3.55 gears and suregrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee_68

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 742 case 8.75 rear end center section with 3.55 gears and a sure grip. Only has 200 miles on new gear set, new bearings, and full rebuild. I spent two days rebuilding this with all the right tools, perfect pinion preload, perfect contact pattern, perfect backlash, and the gears started whining after a few miles. Instead of trying again, I bought a new complete center section and pulled this one out. I can ship it to you, just send me a zip code and I’ll get a quote. It’s sitting in a bucket ready to ship in the pictures.

Would like to get $500 plus shipping. Thanks

8C799DFE-2D2E-44B8-9288-7A677AF76DAB.jpeg 00FE4100-7A1A-47CA-904F-628ED9A44D55.jpeg

Whose gears?

They are from Dr. Diff. Not sure what brand he sells. Ended up buying a complete third member from him, great guy and very helpful. My new third member is working great. I have about a 50% success ratio on building rear ends with quiet gears. Ran out of patience and didn’t want to try again.

His "house brand" I believe is Motive and he stated that they can be a little noisy. For a few dollars more he does have the Nitro brand. That's what I installed and so far they have been quite.

What type of Sure Grip does it have and do you ever get into the Houston area?

What type of Sure Grip does it have and do you ever get into the Houston area?

It is an OEM Suregrip. My dad lives in the Woodlands and I visit a couple times of year. Don't have any plans to go any time soon, but if I do head south I can reach out to you and try to set something up if no one has bought it by then.

Can u post pics of the pattern and a good shot of the pinion teeth. Thanks. Kim

I will see what I can do, but I am more selling this as a rebuild able core. Too much gear whine for my liking, and I don't think there is any way to quiet it down after they start to whine. I have another set of 3.55 gears I bought I would sell pretty cheap ($150 new in the box) with this rear end. The right person could get these swapped on and have a good setup for pretty cheap. All the bearings are brand new, so no need to change any of that, just a new pinion bearing if it gets destroyed coming off to measure shims.

My parents live in fort worth and I visit regularly. I can pick up on my next visit there. PM me, your inbox is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back