• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 track radio face plate fab

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Reaction score
I had to come up with something quick and sleazy but presentable for a buddy's car. I made it from scratch using junk I had in the shop. A piece of acrylic and some time on the mill. What I did was apply the black paint from the back side, and before it was completely dry, I used that as a glue to hold the wood grain tape. This trick gives it the same depth as the factory part so it matches the other piece pretty well. It's really quick and dirty with some fine details left out but I think it gets the point across, plus it fits and looks more correct than the repo one I was supplied. Some chrome pin stripe tape would have been a nice touch but I didn't have any and this needed to be done - as in finished today! I think the owner will finish it off.

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00478.JPG

DSC00479.JPG

Turned out pretty well! Too bad it's not the same wood grain finish, but beggers can't be choosers, right? and I agree, if your buddy puts some chrome pin stripe tape on, it'll look real smart.

Back