• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'97 North Hollywood Shootout, suspects car.

dodge41969

Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
DSC09294.JPGDSC09295.JPGDSC09296.JPGDSC09297.JPGDSC09320.JPGDSC09321.JPGDSC09322.JPGDSC09324.JPGDSC09325.JPGDSC09326.JPGDSC09327.JPGDSC09328.JPGDSC09329.JPGWent to the LAPD museum last year, they had this just sitting outside around the back of the building, this is the actual car driven by the suspects...where one of them bled to death in front of. I also have pictures of the weapons and clothing they wore as well. I'm sure most people have heard of this shootout.....this was my bank too, having lived 3 miles away from it. There's still chunks missing out of nearby walls and telephone poles, etc.DSC09332.JPGDSC09333.JPGDSC09334.JPGDSC09335.JPGDSC09336.JPGDSC09337.JPGDSC09338.JPGDSC09339.JPGDSC09340.JPGDSC09341.JPGDSC09342.JPGDSC09343.JPGDSC09344.JPGDSC09379.JPG

Last edited:
I remember well. It was unbelievable how they walked around shooting with what seemed to be no fear at all. Glad to hear you're ok!

With all the firepower they had, it's no wonder nobody was killed...they sure shot the hell out of the neighborhood though. That bank is like walking into Fort Knox now, lol!!. Thank you for your concern.
I remember well. It was unbelievable how they walked around shooting with what seemed to be no fear at all. Glad to hear you're ok!

While I have compassion for the wounded, one has to ask this.....why didn't the police start taking head shots?

Because the officials in charge at the PD, in all of their wisdom had removed long rifles from all their police cars. All any of the cops had were handguns. Pretty hard situation to try and take an aimed head shot while fully automatic gunfire is coming your way. The police had to go to a local gun shop and commandeer some rifles.
The cops were WAY outgunned and paid a high price, but the officials who made the decisions to remove the rifles from the police cruisers paid no price. Typical feel good decisions that keep jumping up and biting people in the backside.

I remember that, it was a really crazy deal for sure... I don't remember really for sure, but where the hell was the S.W.A.T. team & a couple of snipers with a high advantage points, it's seemed to be the most logical, 1st thing "you would think", that the police would do, in a situation like that, but it's ubber-liberal state of Calif. where we live, some really stupid crime & crap happens here, gang stuff, political & non-political, because of budget issues... There was something like that in Oakland Ca. area, I think it was anyway, when I was a little kid, I don't remember all the particulars now, but it was pretty much the same outcome thou... Robbers dead, town shot up...

Auto Transport Service
Back