• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

971 Oil Pan in 1969 Super Bee

Portagee

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Saw a few posts discussing which pans fit which year b bodies, but didn't see a specific answer to this question.

Will the 971 pan clear everything in a '69 bee with a 440 and 833 trans using stock mounts?

971 is more of a center sump designed for the new k-frames on 73 and up b-bodys. A 402 or hemi pan is more correct. The 971 should work just fine but ensure you get the right pickup for it. Still available new. Melling 63S4

971 is more of a center sump designed for the new k-frames on 73 and up b-bodys. A 402 or hemi pan is more correct. The 971 should work just fine but ensure you get the right pickup for it. Still available new. Melling 63S4

Thanks for the info. I read that it was made for the 73 and newer k-frames, but just didn't know if it would clear the earlier k-frames.

I did get a pickup from 440source that looks just like the melling you listed. Seems to fit perfectly in the pan so far, but haven't mounted it yet.

Just don't want to R&R a pan when I go to drop the engine in!

It should clear the k-frame no problem, the sump is further back. I just measured my 971 vs the hemi pan in my 71 the sump on the 971 is 6" from the front to the sump vs 3" on the hemi pan. Rear from the oil drain to the back is the same 9".

It should clear the k-frame no problem, the sump is further back. I just measured my 971 vs the hemi pan in my 71 the sump on the 971 is 6" from the front to the sump vs 3" on the hemi pan. Rear from the oil drain to the back is the same 9".

That's exactly what I needed to know! Thank you!

I run the 971 pan on a 383 in a 68 Satellite....... fits perfect.

I’ve also used it on a few customer motors through the years.
Never any fitment issues.

I run the 971 pan on a 383 in a 68 Satellite....... fits perfect.

I’ve also used it on a few customer motors through the years.
Never any fitment issues.

Oh that's perfect then! Thanks for confirming that!

Auto Transport Service
Back