1. moparsquid

moparsquid FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:27 PM
    Just a question has anyone tried to eliminate the torsion bars and a-arms with a strut type suspension and is it realistic with regards to weight reduction and ease of fabrication,your thoughts?

2. iraqivet01

iraqivet01 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:27 PM
    Put a RMS in my 68 coronet. Easy install if you have a lift.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • aeon280

aeon280 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:27 PM
      There was a guy on here some time back in the restomod forum that was doing a rebody of a roadrunner onto a modern police charger subframe. He was keeping the macpherson strut system. Havent seen any recent updates that I can recall. Thats the only time I can recall seing a b-body with struts. All the currently offered aftermarket systems are mustang 2 based and use coilovers and double wishbone suspensions. really though if unsprung weight reduction is your game, nothing beats a torsion bar suspension with upgrades components eg, brakes, tubular control arms, light weight shocks and wheels.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.