• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Body Guy starting search for a B

thepaintguy

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Hello B Bodies from the Sunshine State!
I've been in the automotive paint industry for 41 years. Had a Sherwin Williams Ultra 7000 Paint Mixing System installed at my home in '08 because of the amount of work I was performing.
Most of my work has been late model cars and trucks, but I have painted boats, aircraft and motorcycles. I've done a lot of work/restorations on mid year Corvettes and many high line German cars.
I presently own a '67 Dodge Dart GT- 383HP with "915" Heads, 727TF, 8&3/4 3.55:1 Sure Grip. The car is not quite finished but getting close. Sherwin Williams, "Barrett Jackson Line" "Red Hot Red" paint, black interior, black vinyl top, GTS wheels with the old "Dog Dish" hubcaps. Trying to purchase a Cross Ram setup for it right now. Has a fiberglass hood that I probably have 16 hours in to make it fit correctly. Now I'll have to beat on it a little more to fit the era correct hood scoop.
This car is my stepping stone to my first B Body. The only car I'll settle for is a '66 or '67 Satellite or Belvedere. To me this Mopar Body Style is one of the most beautiful designs of all time. The later B's are beautiful and badass but the nostalgia in me has taken over.
I'm not a "Numbers Matching" Gear Head. I build them to drive and have fun. B or RB Engines are the only engines I'll bolt in. Nothing sounds like a Big Block Mopar barking out the exhaust.
I've owned over 100 cars and trucks, and 37 motorcycles since the early seventies. I ride a '97 Road King right now that I just finished painting this weekend, most of the assembly will be done by this evening.
Hello B Bodies! Thank You for having me! I will be looking for B Body parts and accessories sometime after the New Year. I think my Satellite is in GA, a complete 383 4 speed car. Little rough but I can deal with that.
thepaintguy AKA Scott

welcome aboard from ontario, canada. i agree with you on the 66-67 body style.

Agreed on the 66-67 body style - welcome to the madness ! ! !

Welcome aboard. Ya the '66 / '67 B bodies do grow on you. Enjoy the project!

Welcome !! Where are you in Florida ? I'm in lake worth

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal in the other much dryer sunshine state

Welcome aboard....the Charger would be a bold move for a 66-67 B-body project.

Welcome from way up North in Jacksonville, FL. :) I go through Sanford a lot, and am always checking out the Orlando market for goodies.

You're hitting the market at a good time. I'm seeing lots of mid-60s B's coming up for sale as people who've been holding on to them for years are letting them go as prices decline.

Auto Transport Service
Back