• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C compressor for 1973 Charger SE

Branded

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
I bought a restored a/c compressor for my 73 Charger SE. It came without the tube (pictured) as it is for R134A. I would like to verify that the tube is not necessary for R134A. Anybody have a clue?
20230226_122054[1].jpg

No idea. Is I'm going back and forth if I should delete or not. Didn't know you needed such a thing.:popcorn:

when I did my 74 challenger I used all the original parts. Just changed o rings and less freon. I would think you would need it.

when I did my 74 challenger I used all the original parts. Just changed o rings and less freon. I would think you would need it.
I asked the wrong question. I've since found out that what I need to know is if the EPR Valve (Evaporator Pressure Regulator) is needed if I'm using R134A?

If you eliminate the EPR valve you must install a clutch cycling switch, otherwise the evaporator will freeze.

If you eliminate the EPR valve you must install a clutch cycling switch, otherwise the evaporator will freeze.
Thanks for the feedback! Now I just have to find one. Any suggestions where I do that?

Auto Transport Service
Back