• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A crappy day at the Mega Mopar Series.

SteveSS

Local time
5:24 AM
Reaction score
My son Bryce got the 1971 Challenger ready last night and we loaded it on the car trailer. I filled the back of his Ram 2500 with all the swap meet stuff I was going to sell. After a few miles this morning, one tire on the trailer blew out so I took the truck and trailer back home and Bryce and his girlfriend went on to Bandimere in Denver with the Challenger. Once they got set up at the track, a gust of wind caught our canopy even though he had 20 lb weights at all 4 corners, and blew it into Viper at the car show. He called Hagerty so we'll see what happens.

He got his qualifying rounds done in the low 15's (remember this elevation is 5280, Mile High City= not much air.) So he dialed in 15.00 In the first round of elimination the Challenger took off leaving his opponent way behind. He was hard on the brakes crossing the line at only 75 mph but he still broke out. I asked about other cars and there were some in the 8's.

We live to race another day which is this Tuesday night at Pikes Peak Intl.
Raceway.

That sounds like one messed up day.
Hope Pikes peak goes better.

Auto Transport Service
Back