• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a few q's. PS pump decal placement and rad. hose spring clamps

62 Dart Convertible

Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Does anybody know where exactly this decal is meant to go on a TRW PS pump? - (I thought on the filler neck, but decal is too tall)
PS pump sticker.jpg

Also, I fitted new rad. hoses with new OE style spring clamps, and 3 of 4 joints leak coolant. I thought as it warmed up it would improve, but it hasn't... Is there a secret I'm missing?

Hi Guys

Does anybody know where exactly this decal is meant to go on a TRW PS pump? - (I thought on the filler neck, but decal is too tall)
View attachment 140253

Also, I fitted new rad. hoses with new OE style spring clamps, and 3 of 4 joints leak coolant. I thought as it warmed up it would improve, but it hasn't... Is there a secret I'm missing?

Frank,
If the hoses are new reproduction they are usually not as thick as O.E.M.and they do leak also same with reproduction clamps Just seem the people that make this stuff can't get it right.I have some O.E.M clamps if you want then,also the Gates hoses are usually the correct thickness,don't know what you have.
Bill

Hi Bill!

The top hose is a Gates, the bottom I'm not sure, but it's the same thickness as the top hose and the old hoses. I just didn't need another headache so I installed worn clamps...

Any idea about the PS pump decal position?

Frank

I have the same problem. I have seen them on the tank to the right of fill.(looking to the rear of car.) So far I have left mine off.

I have the same problem. I have seen them on the tank to the right of fill.(looking to the rear of car.) So far I have left mine off.

Thanks for the reply. I have scoured the net looking for a clue and so far zilch....

Auto Transport Service
Back