• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB a set of wiper pivots 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
I believe 66-70 are the same,wiper pivots for my 70 charger that move freely. PM me with what you have. thanks Dave

Drill and tap the body (1/4-28) install grease zerks and grease. Put the zerks in so you can grease them installed.
Mike

ok I guess I will see if I can get mine to break free.

I agree with Mike/Charles Cook. However, if you don't want to pay for Evaporust, here's a homemade concoction with things that you may already have lying around the house. Get a spray bottle and do a 50/50 mix of 100% Acetone and Dextron transmission fluid, spray the parts liberally and let them soak. It doesn't work well to soak them in a container filled with the mixture because the 2 liquids will separate, by putting the mixture in a spray bottle you can shake the bottle to remix before any application.

Apologies to Joey and the moderators for commenting in the WTB forum, I'm just trying to help Dave.

I used WD-40. Soaked them for 2 weeks. It did the trick. Moving forward you need to use them every so often so they don't freeze up or add a grease zerk as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back