• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Week Without A Cigarette-Nobody's In Danger. Yet.

Hey Al, congrats on the 2 weeks. Ever think of tryin those electronic cigarettes? You know, the ones that produce steam instead of smoke? A woman at work swears by em, though most times she's a pissed off bitch lol. Here's a link to some reviews of the popular ones.

http://electroniccigarettesreviewed.org/

the problem with those "substitute electronic, vapor or steam cigs", is your just replacing one "really bad habit", with just another "less lethal habit"... IMHFO you need to break the habit/the chain/cycle of putting something in your mouth, to sooth yourself, is the habit that needs to be broken, not just using another simulation of a cig...

the problem with those "substitute electronic, vapor or steam cigs", is your just replacing one "really bad habit", with just another "less lethal habit"... IMHFO you need to break the habit/the chain/cycle of putting something in your mouth, to sooth yourself, is the habit that needs to be broken, not just using another simulation of a cig...

Agreed. A guy I work with uses that thing and he said he is more addicted to that damn thing then he was to cigarettes. There is more nicotine concentration plus the cheaper fluids contain who knows what chemicals in them. Basically you are better off picking up a cancer stick then one of those things. Remember...its not water vapor...its basically liquified cigarettes.

Good Luck!!!! I have tried and failed many times, but I just keep on trying. Maybe someday I'll win :)

The bottom line to quitting is that you must truly want to quit. This is the third time I've quit. I usually go about ten years before I start up again - I know, dumb...Anyway, I am now six weeks tobacco-free and have no cravings whatsoever. I don't miss it.

Good luck trying to quit. Keep trying!

- - - Updated - - -

OK;I've "quit" numerous times in the past 30+ years,only to lose my mind over some BS and start again. At my advanced age,it's time to do it for good. I've chewed a forest worth of toothpicks and am using a patch;well,patches(one per day) and so far,so good. As long as my daughter doesn't drive me crazy with her latest antics:angry9:,and the ol' lady with hers:angryfire: and,and...

Wish me luck,brethren.

Good luck, Al! You can do it! You WILL do it!

3 weeks as of yesterday. Been without a patch since last Friday. Whole bunch of bad **** goin' on. I'm working on it. That's why I haven't been around much,and may not be for a bit. Y'all behave,OK?

You can do it. I used smokeless tobacco(Copenhagen) for 30 years. About 10 years ago I decided to try smoking as a way to wean myself from the snuff. BIG BIG mistake!!! After a while I realized that I was addicted to both. I asked my doc for Chantix just to try. Believe it or not but after just a 1 month supply I quit both. Its been almost a year and every once in a while I will get the urge for tobacco. When this happens it goes away after a few minutes after I think of how much money Im saving to spend on my Bee.

It has been 10 years since I quit. Hang in there breathing feels better and you will have more cash for car parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back