• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A WW2 Marine's 1911 from Iwo Jima

Great story!!! I have a 6.5 type 38 Arisaka with the Chrysanthemum seal still on the breach and the serial number still in tact as well, that I had to "sporterize" with a Carbine barrel because of the original long barrel being worn out and the stock falling apart. It is now in the process of being finished and will make a very nice sporting/hunting rifle when done. There was the Type 99 which was the 7.7 caliber and that was the more predominant sniper rifle that the Japanese used for that classification. The type 30 was used for both training and for their Calvary troops in a Carbine set up but was not used as a sniper platform as my research shows...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
I have one of those. My father was slated to be in the invasion force, but fortunately ended up in the occupation force and brought it home. It's still in the original condition.

Auto Transport Service
Back