A25 question

1975 - 1979 Mopars

1. Micah Pohlman

Micah Pohlman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:03 AM
    On this 77 Charger I just picked up there is a code of A25 on the fender tag. I scanned Goviers little white book into my computer but there is one page that scanned blurry, guess what page that is? Can some please let me know what that code is? I won't be back home until late next summer to actually look in the book for myself. I found one place on line that listed A25 as interior convince package but that didn't have any years attached to that code. Thanks.

-Micah

2. 69Coronetrt

69Coronetrt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    On what line is this code?

For a couple of reasons, I do not think what you are seeing is an option package code.

If it is the second line from the bottom, it is the SPD or scheduled production date.

If it is, in fact, on the third line, please post a picture as I've not seen a 77 Charger tag with code A25.

3. Micah Pohlman

Local Time:
    Crap! "What line is" it is all the farther I got in your reply and I figured out why I didn't recognize it. It's not a build code it's build date, October 24th. I'm 7000 miles away from the car and I know I would have figured it out if it was in front of me because I always cross check the VIN, door tag and fender tag.

• Like Like x 1
    • 69Coronetrt

69Coronetrt Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Glad we figured it it.

It’s the scheduled production date or the date the factory intended to start building the car. It may or may not have been the actual assembly date.

• Micah Pohlman

Local Time:
      I've never seen one that isn't matching to the door tag. I've always thought it's more like scheduled day of production for the VIN and paper work, the rest of the car is whenever it happens it happens!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.