• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A39 code

Larry Chilese

Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
I have 1 1969 Dodge Super Bee 383 -on the trim tag the Code A39 is stamped which I was told is a Scat Pack Package.
I have no idea what that means in its entirety. Could someone explain what it means and entails. The Car now has an aftermarket aluminum intake and an Edlebrock Carburetor on it.
thanks in advance
Larry C.

beescatparkspecial.jpg
beescatparkspecial2.jpg

Now that’s the kind of package could put a gleam in a fellers eye! :)

Would the special hood paint treatment be black-painted hood scoops? I have seen SuperBees with this, but thought an owner had done this. I never noticed whether they also had hood pins.

Kinda makes ya sick, when ya just paid 400-bucks for color-coded seat belts in a new Hellcat.

...and to add to what dadsbee posted.....this is from one of GG's "Little White Books"...

A39(1969)......"Dodge Spring Special A"
Light Package
LH Outside Remote Chrome Mirror
3-speed Windshield Wipers
Pedal Dress Up
Hood Tie Down Pins
Upper Door Frame Molding
Belt Molding
Bumper Guards Front/Rear
Carb Fresh Air Package
White or Red Sidewall Tires
Vinyl Roof(V1-)
Performance Hood Treatment
Wheel Covers(Class III)

I have 1 1969 Dodge Super Bee 383 -on the trim tag the Code A39 is stamped which I was told is a Scat Pack Package.
I have no idea what that means in its entirety. Could someone explain what it means and entails. The Car now has an aftermarket aluminum intake and an Edlebrock Carburetor on it.
thanks in advance
Larry C.
69 A39 A40 announcement.jpg
69 A39 A40 promotion.jpg

Would the special hood paint treatment be black-painted hood scoops? I have seen SuperBees with this, but thought an owner had done this. I never noticed whether they also had hood pins.

Yes. That's the V21 part of the package.

VERY COOL-was this A39 code used often in 1969 or sparingly used
thanks in advance
About 3.8% of the WM21 (~290 cars) and 3.7% of the WM23 (~679) cars built for sale in the US came with the A39 package.

...and to add to what dadsbee posted.....this is from one of GG's "Little White Books"...

A39(1969)......"Dodge Spring Special A"
Light Package
LH Outside Remote Chrome Mirror
3-speed Windshield Wipers
Pedal Dress Up
Hood Tie Down Pins
Upper Door Frame Molding
Belt Molding
Bumper Guards Front/Rear
Carb Fresh Air Package
White or Red Sidewall Tires
Vinyl Roof(V1-)
Performance Hood Treatment
Wheel Covers(Class III)

Those items would have come in any of the A39 packages, as applicable, in Darts, Coronets, Super Bees, Polaras, Monacos, etc. Here's what the Super Bee A39 pakage looked like on a window sticker.

69_SuperBee_A39.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty cool this fella is ready for spring and a hot ride …..

I've seen photos of front grille emblem with "SCAT PACK" letters with the Angry Bee emblem. Were the A39 Code cars furnished with that and a rear emblem?
Are the emblems somehting furnished and installed by the dealer?

Sux the vinyl top was part of those packages. But I’m sure Chrysler loved them. They could charge extra for less paint and bodywork.

I've seen photos of front grille emblem with "SCAT PACK" letters with the Angry Bee emblem. Were the A39 Code cars furnished with that and a rear emblem?
Are the emblems somehting furnished and installed by the dealer?

No. The cars got the standard Super Bee emblems.

Auto Transport Service
Back