• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A833 4 speed question

Hubert

Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Recently i had my 1974 roadrunner transmission completely rebuilt. Everything new. Original gears were 2.66, 1.91, 1.57, 1.1. New gears are 3.09, 1.57, 1.1, .73.1. What i am noticing now is in 2,3 or 4th gear when i let off the gas and start slowing down i start getting a "jerking" motion in the car. If i down shift it goes away until i start slowing down in that gear. Anyone had an issue like this before or is it just due to gear ratio difference or mayby if have not totally got used to the new gear ratios yet.

Nothing to do with the transmission or break in. Your engine set up is not happy. I call it a lean ramping condition. What engine? Are you running an EGR valve?

Nothing to do with the transmission or break in. Your engine set up is not happy. I call it a lean ramping condition. What engine? Are you running an EGR valve?
I agree, maybe timing too far advanced, I have had that happen on combo's

I do know the engine has an aggressive cam. It is a 318. Will have to check on the EGR valve.

Auto Transport Service
Back