• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AAR Qty fiberglass or Glasstek hood ???

68383GTS

Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody bought and installed a AAR quality fiberglass hood in the last year? I was going to order one for the Bee but have heard the quality went down hill. I am also 2 hours from Glasstek. Anybody have a Glasstek hood? I am wanting a heavier street hood not a light weight race hood.

If you're close to Glasstek then you're close to VFN - check out both.

AAR is now Stinger and the quality has actually gone up along with the selection.

I bought an AAR/stinger hood a few months ago...when it arrived,the foam support on the underside was separating in several spots.they did not use enough resin on the edges of the matting,,.had to fix that before anything else..the packaging was crap..just a cardboard box that was bent over at edge of hood...I was surprised the corners were not broke off.it seems sturdy enough,,appx 20lbs..'63 Plymouth..i 1st experience with fiberglass body parts could have been better,,,wasn't cheap.

I got this hood scoop from VFN. Pleased with the quality.

IMG_2744.jpg

The stuff Stinger displays at shows is awesome.

Looks ready to bolt on without much if any prep.

Heavy and really crisp lines and smooth finish.

Auto Transport Service
Back