• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Abandoned Husky dog in my condo.

coronet68mx

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
20231121_200538.jpg

This is the only pic I had from the dog, he is in much better condition now, but the more i think about it the more this make me sad and anger and this is why, why people buy a dog they can't have, a dog not suitable for small houses, a dog full of energy, a husky as far ad I can see with tomas, ( this is his name) is not a normal dog, this dogs were selected over generations to pull people and cargo in extreme cold weather for hours, to sleep in the snow, and keep going the next day like nothing happened, a super dog if you want, I know they look like little wolves as puppies but the childhood of a dog happens too fast, then when the irresponsible owner is tired from the dog, bam to the streets you go.

As many of you know my cause is to help stray dogs, tomas at the beginning keep staying for short periods at times and finally stay in the vigilant entrance, luckily for him, he's a handsome dog and everyone seems to like him, he's about 1 year old and full of energy, with a toy full and lovely attitude, take him to the vet and feed him for a couple of months now, I hope he stays here where I can take care of him.

Last edited:
You're a good man & have a soft spot for animals
I commend you for that, & he looks healthy
:thumbsup:

Huskies they need a job & exercise,
or they will get bored & run or escape

my neighbor across the street Tom has a young female, Roxie,
she's my Elvis's buddy
she's a handful & a runner, an escape artist
exercise running alongside him & his sons' bike, leashed
it cured her escaping habits, she's content now
& no longer running for president always :poke:

You sure he was dumped & not just a runaway/or lost ?
they are pretty loyal to their owners if treated well
& come back home usually

Anyway I hope he does stay with you,
you seem to care enough to feed & treat him well, or take him to the vet etc.

My ex wife volunteers at the local humane society, I have a lot of energy and I got tossed to the curb.

I have had dogs my entire life, the Ex did teach me one thing about pets, having more than one, enriches everybody.

And you have a nice pet. :thumbsup:

That’s great of you Leon. Taking in a stray shows a lot of compassion especially for a guy. And even better a macho Latino guy ….. Lol just kidding on the macho part. I’m not much of a pet guy. I was ok years and years ago then went thru about 8/9 years of being allergic to their coats, dander or whatever it is. So I had to avoid them - couldn’t even ride in a car where one had recently been. But just before that I lived in Alaska for a year. A buddy had recently stationed there w/the Army. So I went and we got a place bummed around in the spectacular pristine outdoor life up there. Anyway my pal came home one day with a 6 mo old German Shepard he and just adopted from the local humane society shelter. I went with him there once when he brought the dog in for shots. I walked by this row of cages where the resident dogs were staying. My eyes landed on this little fur ball of a puppy - an eight week old Siberian Husky. That little thing was stunningly captivating for me. Before we left l found myself signing adoption papers and taking him home with me. I named him Egor. Funny, unstoppable energy and personality plus. I Loved that guy. My first and only pet. That was a long time ago but I still think of him often and how close you can get with a pet.

You’re a good guy Leon and I’ve no doubt you’ve gotten yourself a new family member.

Last edited:
Leon,
He ended up by you for a reason. Your heart is always in the right place. Don't change, you wear it well!!....... Not my opinion, FACT!!

Last edited:
Huskys are great dogs, unfortunately some people can't handle them or don't take the time to train them. They are very special dogs, and can make wonderful, loving pets. Blessed are people like you that take the time to rescure beautiful animals like him.

Our latest LEO Male

My wife drove down to Milwaukee about an year ago
Was told by the Humane Society the police found him abandoned in an apartment

We have now rescued six Siberian Huskies in WI from various Humane Society’s
Started in the late 90s at our first house

If it was up to my wife , she would rescue them all

We now have a few acres and a pretty big area that is fenced just for the diggers , escape artists
destroy everything they can get there paws on

Honestly when we walk them , I think they could run or walk 24/7

There eating habits can bee a little crazy on what they like and don’t like
And of course when it comes to hiding treats and stealing each others food

They have that pack mentality - All of our females have been the Alpha for sure

They absolutely LOVE the cold - Nothing in WI can phase these dogs - They would rather bee outside sleeping in below zero then a heated garage or inside the house
Some loved being inside the house - Others not so much

I think that is where the issue is - Kids love the movies , how beautiful they look in person , on the movie screen - The blue eyes

So much energy energetic is an understatement

Then stick them in a house and go to work and school

Laid four of them to rest over the years , and everyone of them has lived to at least 13 , latest 15

IMG_1904.jpeg

IMG_1902.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

IMG_1515.jpeg

Back in the day with out last pair - Hang on while I bury my treat

IMG_0636.jpeg

View attachment 1612022

This is the only pic I had from the dog, he is in much better condition now, but the more i think about it the more this make me sad and anger and this is why, why people buy a dog they can't have, a dog not suitable for small houses, a dog full of energy, a husky as far ad I can see with tomas, ( this is his name) is not a normal dog, this dogs were selected over generations to pull people and cargo in extreme cold weather for hours, to sleep in the snow, and keep going the next day like nothing happened, a super dog if you want, I know they look like little wolves as puppies but the childhood of a dog happens too fast, then when the irresponsible owner is tired from the dog, and bam to the streets you go.

As many of you know my cause is to help stray dogs, tomas at the begging keep staying for periods at times and finally stay in the vigilant entrance, luckily for him, he's a handsome dog and everyone seems to like him, he's about 1 year old and full of energy, with a toy full and lovely attitude, take him to the vet and feed him for a couple of months now, I hope he stays here were I can take care of him.
Good looking dog . That is great your giving him a home.

that is a great pic :lol:
At one point we had our 500 gallon propane tank behind the garage . Well you can imagine what happened

Moved that around the side of the garage

Then it was the cables for the hard line phone - Anyone remember hard line phones

Then they ate our TV and Internet lines that where buried

Then I had to have WPS assure me our electricity was OK underground cable

Kesha told him - Hang on to my ice cream and watch this

Anyways they are a handful

Some crazier then others especially when young

Im glad you took him in. I have had Huskies my entire adult life ( have 2 now). They are a special breed, with their own needs. Lots of energy, and like said above, they love being outside. Got to keep them busy though, they get bored easily. I was told once, when it comes to a Husky, doing a particular task, if it does not see any way that it benefits them or you, they will not do it, or will one time till they see no benefit. Everyone Ive had, has been too smart for its own good!!

Amigo! Good on you for taking on another one. Our motto is “We can’t save them all but we save what we can”. There is some irony in the fact that you in warm Mexico rescued a dog from a cold climate and I was out in -28 today walking a dog from warm Rhodesia. And Mexican Chika thinks that snow is just cold sand.
IMG_0422.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back