• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Abandoned Race Tracks

A sad deal...my cousin raced his '64 426/4speed Polara he had bought new at US 30 and a few other strips in IL and WI. It was a thrill as a kid to go to the dragstrip. Yep, subdivisions everywhere and growing. I 'used' to be in the country when I built on my in-laws farm relishing getting out from the burbs; now I'm pert near in one while still having a few acres around my house. And we still have a street racing issue all over the place with so many fewer places to race. Back in the day we had ample places we'd run illegally with wide open spaces...as George Strait says in one of his tunes...'now there ain't as many'.

We have a closed track not too far from where I live. The farmer has a car show once a year as it's on his land. Last years rain and mud they had to cancel. Hopefully they will get it in this year...

http://vargodragway.com/

Auto Transport Service
Back