• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC Water Control Valve

Chargerjase

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying to work out which is the factory correct hot water control valve for my 73 Charger. Its a big block car and came with this type which I assume is the correct one;

Capture.jpg

But also there is a replacement part;

Capture3.jpg

and also;

Capture2.jpg

They will all work but would like the correct one. They are all around the same price so that is not a factor.

Cheers

My 73 RR uses the bottom one with a metal bracket not shown in that photo, however I'm not sure but I thought the metal ones were 72 and older cars.

Yep, I am hearing that a lot that the bottom picture is correct. Mine had top pictured one on it which I assumed to be original but now I think it was a replacement. I believe the middle one is off a 74. If anyone else has any ideas please chime in.

Bottom pictured (above) valve is the original design, superseded to the metal design (middle pictured) around ‘74 after it became clear the Bakelite valves were failing due to engine compartment heat, especially with HP exhaust manifolds. Top pictured valve is one of many aftermarket valve designs. Note the screw clamp for the cable sheath.

Heat shield is not factory.

Auto Transport Service
Back