• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable distributor slots?

cj's mopar

Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the total advance slots are still adjustable on the new Mopar performance distributor offerings?
The distributor I bought about ten year's ago had the adjustable slots below the plates and you could easily limit total timing.. I . looking for new one for my friends 440.

Screenshot_2022-08-31-14-55-07-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Nope unfortunately they have a 15 cam plate and really light springs in it, you have to find a older one. Mallory is the design they used.

Is FBO still in business? I tried PM'ing and emailing them and didn't get a response. This was over a month ago.
I haven't tried contacting them direct. I usually get the plates from an online vendor.

As far I know, Firecore dist it gets same Mallory internal setup? Aside the serviceable shaft bushing feature

As far I know, Firecore dist it gets same Mallory internal setup? Aside the serviceable shaft bushing feature
yes, that's correct. I have a Firecore distributor. I doesn't have fixed advance plates that come with it like FBO offers, but it has adjustable slots with a phillips screw/lock washer. It's easy to adjust once you access the internal slot screws, but each time it requires almost full disassembly of the distributor internals to get screwdriver access inside. Some have said you can do so without disassembly, but I've tried many times and don't see how. Separately, I ordered from Summit Racing the plastic mallory key set to get the slot gap close before locking it down, but the keys are not dead accurate. It took some trial and error. I would much prefer to use the FBO limiter plate for quicker setup and no chance of my existing screws loosening inside.

What's the serviceable shaft bushing feature? How do you do that? (I'm a newbie to this).

I just had my friend order the FBO plate and he says he is afraid to use it that I could become dislocated during operation so he did not install.
I did not look at it my self is there any truth to this?

It goes under the cam plate I dont see how it can come loose unless it grenades.

What's the serviceable shaft bushing feature? How do you do that? (I'm a newbie to this).

Sorry, missed to reply to this. Shaft bushing is installed on stock dist housing by pressure. The Firecore units gets a removable plate down the counterweights assembly, attached straight to the housing, which allows a easier servicing for the brass bushing replacement. That's at leats for the top one. I guess the same for the bottom one ( dist gets two bushings on housing for the shaft )

I got pics of that from some forum member at some forum, but couldn't find the pics

Auto Transport Service
Back