• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustment Link Powder Coat Damage

JR_Charger

Local time
9:37 PM
Reaction score
adjustment-link-damage.jpg

This adjustment link came with damage to the powder coat. I guess I'll need a replacement.

Last edited:
What's your point?

I guess the point is that he paid for something that was supposed to be in good shape. Instead it came with damage to the powder coating. Pretty simple actually..

And its posted in the correct forum for PST to see it.

Last edited:
The whats your point question is a legitimate one. People post questions mostly with no information.
The OP should have done more than just post a picture with no comment. Most people are not mind readers.
Could have said, " what should I do?" or " I notified PST "
Or maybe he didn't even buy the part from PST and just wants to know how to fix it.
More info always helps. Never assume what people are thinking.

The whats your point question is a legitimate one. People post questions mostly with no information.
The OP should have done more than just post a picture with no comment. Most people are not mind readers.
Could have said, " what should I do?" or " I notified PST "
Or maybe he didn't even buy the part from PST and just wants to know how to fix it.
More info always helps. Never assume what people are thinking.
A little more info would be helpful, true. Edited my post and removed my comment. :nutkick:

I dunno ... if I wanted PST to see it I'd send it to their email address. Give them a chance to resolve the issue. You post here first for all to see and you've just pissed them off !!

There was supposed to be text to go along with the image. It appears to have vanished, so I've added it back. Really though, do you need more than the title of the thread and the pic to see what the problem is?

I also contacted PST through their website, directing them here, where I posted the image for them to see. That seems redundant though, as they're active here, and this is what their part of the forum is for.

I don't know why they would be mad. I'm not mad, and I've got a damaged adjustment link. We have useful acronyms like "FUBAR" and "SNAFU" for a reason. Doo doo happens. Fix it and move on.

OK, can you see why just a picture without words (looks like a tie rod adjusting sleeve) doesn't tell the whole story.?
As I said instead of assuming everybody understands by just a picture what point you are making.
Possible scenarios:
(A) Bought it second hand and want to know if you can fix powder coat is one assumption.
(B)Box was damaged in shipping so how to get the shipper ( UPS, FEDEX etc...) to fix the problem .
(C) Or that is came in an undamaged box directly from PST and had damage to the finish.
As you can see...it could be the same picture but tell different stories.
No company intentionally ships damaged product. People package the items and people make errors. Companies have customer service people to take care of these types of problems.
They need to be notified, shown proof of problem with pictures etc.. and then given time to rectify the problem. That is how business works.
Instead of a picture ( and what are we supposed to do about it anyway so why even post it) deal with the company directly. Not complicated.

Dudes that post up stuff like this just to smear a company are a stain on the hobby.
Be a man and contact the company FIRST. Why post about it here? It makes you look like a spoiled child that whines and cries to get his way. If you try to resolve it privately and get no help, THEN take it to the forums and see if that motivates the vendors to react correctly.
ABC widgets ripped me off....they suck! My order was late and damaged!
Did you contact them to complain?
No, they just suck. I want to warn others so they don't get suckered in!
What if it was a simple mistake or if it was damaged in shipping?
............................(Silence....)

Manufacturers rarely have proper prep that involves media blasting, one of THE most crucial steps to good adherence and durability. Most simply run new parts on a conveyor through a chemical bath to (kind of) remove oils, heat them dry to try to keep flash rust to a minimum, robots spray them with powder and they travel to the oven to cure. Then they're chucked in a box and sent to customers.

Buying pre-coated parts might be an attractive option. But I'll tell you straight up if you want a different color than how it came, removing the factory's job first will more than DOUBLE the labor cost.

Before you pull the trigger and buy something off the shelf, see if it's available bare (it probably will not be shown in the catalog or on their website) so call them. You may discover it's even available at a lower price since they don't have to run it through their metal finishing line.

Last edited:
CudaChick1968 - Thanks for making a useful post. I'm happy with the original color, I'd just like an undamaged finish so the link doesn't rust.

CudaChick1968 - Thanks for making a useful post. I'm happy with the original color, I'd just like an undamaged finish so the link doesn't rust.

If it scratched that easily and reveals BARE, UNBLASTED steel like you showed, rust is probably already creeping all over it under the powder or will be soon.

There is literally nothing binding the powder to the metal. It has no tooth.

The picture clearly show that it is a chip not a scratch. When we have these produced we have hundreds done at a time at the manufacturer. This chip happened more then likely prior to being individually packaged. So would not consider this a binding issue of the powder coat, We are here to help and I did see your message through website but you did not provide any of your information beside your name so I will need your address to look us your order information. Please PM this information.

I would also in the future ask that you please reach out to us through either PM or through our website as KernDog is correct as this post can be taken in a negative manner which I know you didn't intend and I am actually surprised by CudaChick1968 response as she is making an assumption on our productions process and lumping us in with past experiences that she has had with other suppliers. We have been supplying theses sleeves for over 10 plus years with no issues to the powder coat and if there was we would correct the issue.

So please PM your full details and I will have a replacement sleeve shipped out to you.

James From
PST

James, the word "most" does not equate into an assumption on anyone's part. It's simply based on experience.

I'm sure you'll get everything worked out to mutual satisfaction.

But in regards to our manufacturing why should we be grouped with your past experiences? That's all I am saying. The part is clearly chipped and we will make it right. What my issue is, is many hold your opinion in high regards as they should as your work is impeccable. But from your post a passing reader may question our quality and for go using our product.

James From
PST

I appreciate the kind compliment for sure, but speaking with someone on your finishing line to see how they do it before getting defensive would be the best course of action to clear up any misconceptions and put customers at ease.

You're a great guy who goes out of his way to HELP, and that's what we all appreciate.

There is no issue with our process. This was simply a chip that was cause after production whether it be prior to packaging individual or in shipping. Mistakes happen but we will make it right.

Just an update. Original poster reached out to us and provided us his information. We were able to confirm his purchase and are sending out a replacement today to the customer. Please feel free to PM if you ever have an issue with our products. We are here to help.

Thanks
James From
PST

Last edited:
Moral to the story. All companies have a customer service person or department.
Only God is perfect and every body else should be given the chance to correct things that just go wrong sometimes.
Contact customer service first and give them the whole story.
Be careful to not be the one who throws the first stone...it might come back at you.

Last edited:
Thanks to PST for resolving this quickly. I agree that it was chipped before bagged. "Stuff" happens!" I will be doing business with you again in the near future.

Auto Transport Service
Back