• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aeromotive a1000 thoughts?

jakepup

Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
has anyone had any luck with these, "good or bad"?. im installing one on my blown 493 e85 setup and am a little worried about running out of fuel, I called the guys at aeromotive and after all the number crunching they said it will work but its going to be right on the verge of being enough pump. I already had the pump and didn't want to buy another unless absoloutly needed. I have read a few reviews that say those pumps don't always flow like advratised either. I will be running -10 supply line and -8 return, good flowing fuel filter and so on. any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jake, there are some very good diagrams and technical information on www.4secondsflat.com, you will need a GOOD bypass regulator and guage also.

Used one on my 750hp hemi. Never any issues, other than being pretty loud. It had a #10 feed, and #8 return. I know alcohol is hard on lots of stuff.

Last edited:
18 volts. Or use a small 12 volt battery with your regular battery and some relays to put 24 volts to that pump only at full throttle. Since you will only be at full throttle for maybe 10 seconds that pump should handle it.

I saw in one of my car mags that there is a dual set up being made and sold, looked like a compact package. Might look into that as being plenty since you are running a bypass and line back to the tank.

I have one on my Pro Street car. Have not had it long but seems fine. They say it's one of the more durable ones for street use also.

I have one on my Pro Street car. Have not had it long but seems fine. They say it's one of the more durable ones for street use also.

I agree. I drove one around on this....

257ppj6.jpg

I run the aeromotive pump also. But how it works on my car doesnt matter. Its your car your concerned about. It would be wise of you to assume your pump wont quite cut it. Consider the fact that its performance will decline with use. So you need to up your fuel delivery enough to provide a margin of safety. And you would rather not buy another a-1000. I posted 2 options to increase the output of your pump. Heres another. A second less expensive pump inline with your pump will work for you. Each pump will complement each other and significantly increase the flow. The first pump will flow much closer to its free flow rating because the second pump will be drawing from it. The second pump will really flow as it is being force fed by the first pump. See if you could borrow a pump from a friend and try this before you buy anything.What ever way you choose you should test your system at operating pressure measuring the fuel delivered. Dont take a chance

Auto Transport Service
Back