• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aeromotive in tank pump died, is this pump a flow through??

64fury74charger

Local time
2:04 PM
Reaction score
My in tank pump appears to have died and I need to move the car to be able to work on it. I want to plum in an in line pump and deal with the tank later. Does anyone know if the in tank pump allows fuel to be run through from the tank???
The car is sitting on my gravel parking area so dropping the tank is not going to work.
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Disconnect the easiest place on the feed line and using a vacuum pump, see if you can draw fuel easily. Even a small vacuum from a "mighty vac" should let you know.

The answer is yes. An fittings are real easy to use and seal good too. I was able to fire up the Charger and moved over on the blacktop so I can change out the seats. I am going to have to fabricate a new mount for the external pump but that’s not going to too bad and put some isolators in between may help the noise.

Auto Transport Service
Back