• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AFB Rebuild

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
Who is everyone using to rebuild Carter AFB carbs these days. Woodruff hasn’t replied to my last two inquiries so I’m assuming they are booked out.

I've been using ME! One of the most user-friendly carbs in the world.

Rebuild or restore? Basic rebuild isn't difficult and not expensive. Restoration work with replating is a different story.

I've used Woodruff a couple of times but I called him. Told him what I wanted done and asked how long it would take. He had it done on time.

Who is everyone using to rebuild Carter AFB carbs these days. Woodruff hasn’t replied to my last two inquiries so I’m assuming they are booked out.
I rebuild my own carbs.....buy a good kit....do it yourself....and gain the knowledge and experience of how the device works. Many sources available for parts......
BOB RENTON

Yep.. Buy a rebuild and do it yourself. I have more than once.. It's easy. Videos on You Tube showing how.
You can get a container of carb cleaner at auto parts store to de-gunk the carb body.

Have no fear as the afb is one of the easiest four barrel carbs there is to rebuild. Many can be brought back to running condition with simple internal and external cleaning of the few parts that are present. Rebuilding with a kit is simply replacing the old with a matching new piece in the kit. Get the correct kit and give it a whirl! You'll be proud of yourself when it's all done and running like new again.

tmp.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back