• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aftermarket Console Lock Question

PurpleBeeper

Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
70 Road Runner 4-speed console car - I bought a matched set of console/glove box/trunk locks. The aftermarket console lock seems like it's a little bit too large of diameter to fit in the hole in the console lid. I'd really like to have a console lock (mine never locked) and only 2 keys. Suggestions? Just enlarge my console lid hole a little? The screws are there not to lose them. The lock only enters the hole (without screw) about that far

IMG_4646.jpeg

IMG_4645.jpeg

Last edited:
I found some new information & I have a new question. Apparently, there are TWO different types of console locks. One with a "foot" (like my original lock) and one without a foot (the one I bought). My new question - are the little "lock/key tabs" inside the locks interchangeable? I got the "without foot" lock as part of a trunk/glove box/console lock set with matched keys. If I can pull the "lock/key tabs" out of the "without foot" console lock & put them into my original "with foot" console lock, I'd do that. Will it work?

Auto Transport Service
Back